Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY: Succulents in Vintage Egg Cups


I got inspired by this idea over at Roy Joy and decided to put a vintage twist on it using vintage egg cups!

I scoured ebay, etsy, and thrift strores for vintage egg cups, and eventually ended up with a set of vintage hobnail milk glass egg cups and a set of vintage Japanese tea cups.

Next, I collected a variety of small succulents. Finally, I hit the farmer's market for extra pretty eggs and then.... voila! A few succulents for Easter, with an awesome vintage twist.





Get the full DIY instructions on potting succulents inside of egg shells here.
*special thanks to Jenny for being my partner in crime and snapping some of these pix

5 comments:

bex said...

i love this project.

Jess Roy said...

I love these! You did a fabulous job!

Rachel said...

so pretty!

Unknown said...

these are great! we just made terrariums in our diy club & it was super fun & therapeutic!

Unknown said...

It's a fabulous idea!
I link your article and borrow the photo for the saturday's post.
Please let me know if you agree with it.

Thanks and see you

Related posts you'll probably be way into