Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vintage Shopping: Eyeglasses

I wear glasses every day of my life, and am always looking for fun novelty frames to add to my collection. At the Vintage Expo I was excited to discover a shop called Allyn Scura with one of the largest selections of vintage glasses that I have seen in one place. Most of the frames were 'new-old-stock,' which means they've never even been worn. They do have a website, but the stock listed there is pretty limited. You should check these guys out in person at one of the shows they do (mostly southern california, it appears). It is easier to see which frames look best on you in person anyway.

(a few favorites from the Allyn Scura website)







Another great online source of vintage eyewear is the etsy shop Vintage50sEyewear.







No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into