Thursday, February 11, 2010

What to Wear: Polaroid Scarves

I've seen these mentioned on a few blogs, and since they are a lovely use of one of my favorite vintage film techniques, I thought they deserved a mention here. I love the idea of wearing your favorite polaroid around your neck.

Polaroid Scarves! A collaboration between Philippe Roucou and M. Cherie, available at Reborn.



Since they carry a hefty price tag of $430, I imagine it would be fun to try to make your own version using your own polaroid image. It would be best if you had access to a HUGE polaroid (like one of these 20x24 monsters) and you could try to do a transfer onto a large piece of silk. Or, for an even easier project, scan a polaroid and have it printed on Spoonflower fabric. It wouldn't be silk ... but it wouldn't break the bank either.

Project time.

No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into