Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vintage Themed Bridal Shower: Handkerchiefs


My blog cohort and dear friend MLE is getting married next month, and I was lucky enough to get to help throw her bridal shower.

She's marrying a man with the last name Pahnke (that's pronounced "panky") which means I HAD to throw her a "hanky pahnke" themed bridal shower. Obviously. But, I made sure to keep it cute with lots of vintage hankies to balance out the panky.

We started off with the invites - I used my handy gocco to screen the invitations onto a stack of vintage hankies, and mailed them out in velum envelopes so that you could get a peek at what was inside. Each invitation was colorful and unique:

At the party itself, we incorporated vintage hankies into all the decor. I hung a vintage handkerchief bunting, and single handkerchiefs folded over the backs of the chairs:

And, we used even more hankies as accents under all the serving dishes. We used lots of white vintage milk glass to serve the food on, which means the hankies really added a nice touch of color to everything:

I love the subtle vintage feel that all those hankies gave the party.

3 comments:

m-l-e said...

best party ever. Thank you!!!

Meganne said...

Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
Material Fixations

katie kate. said...

shucks wow! congratulations, first, to m-l-3; stoked for her and mr. pahnke.

the party looked lovely and festive! i love vintage handkerchiefs. the tableware is lovely also. milk china?

random: in my 5th grade spelling bee, i was left standing against one 6th grader and the final, and my winning word, was handkerchief. hooray! i still have the giant trophy.

Related posts you'll probably be way into