Friday, November 6, 2009

Trendspotting at Treasure Island Music Festival

Aubs and I shot some "street style" pics at last month's Treasure Island Music Fest for the NBC fashion folks. The fur, feathers and sequins were really flying.

See the whole slideshow here.

Since we usually just use one or two shots in the slideshow, I thought I'd give you a little more in depth look at some of my favorite shots:

I love that this outfit goes from summer to fall with one deftly placed vintage fur collared coat:





***

This outfit is just my style. At least for everyday casual wear. A little understated, but with a few key details that just really make it work. I like the little chains and jewels on her shoulders, that overnight-sized bag she is carrying, and those shoes are just perfect.




(Confession - after taking these shots, I went and bought some shoes like these at urban because although i missed the summer of outfit perfection they probably would have provided, it doesn't snow in SF so I have deemed them my perfect fall/winter shoe. And they are on sale.)



***

And THIS, my friends, is how you pull off one of those slightly oversized fur coats you find in the thrift store. Her hat and layered chains are perfect accessories, and of course, I can always get behind the shorts with tights look.



***

This hairstyle is really great. It looks like it would be simple enough to pull off, too.



See the whole slideshow here.

No comments:

Related posts you'll probably be way into